Saturday, July 22, 2006

Simple Triplet Slap

I will share with you the technique of creating the fast percussive triplet strike on the bass. Some people called it the bullet slap or machine gun.

The technique is pretty similar as the open hammer pluck. If you can do that, then triplet slap should be no problem. I will show you the basic way of doing it as I believe there are more ways
to achieve it as well.

What I did was I pluck with my fore finger, slap with my left hand on the fingerboard and thumb slap with my right hand. You can see it on the video.



Triplet = 3, pluck + left hand + slap thumb = 3.
Make sure the left hand slap give you a clear fret sound.
That's it!! Not difficult right? Practice slow first! Many bass players use this technique to add spice to their playing. Another way of doing it is use your right hand thumb follow by pluck 1(fore finger) and pluck 2(middle finger).

Ok let me show you in this short simple video clip how the triplet slap can be apply.



Thank you for visting.

Have a good time slapping.

Cheers,

Ben

2 comments:

drawexpert said...

thanks bro
ur lessons are easy to pick up
though the videos dont seem to load..
perhaps a change of server?
or maybe just load it up as a file
and let viewers just d/l for own reference. if u dont own
anyways just a suggestion

cheers

benjso28 said...

Hi, I have no difficulties viewing the videos. Using Google now. I tried it at different computers and still can view. You can try running firefox browser if it helps. :)